[ckan-discuss] CKAN Preview Extension for ESRI Shapefiles

Tobias Preuss tobias.preuss+ckan at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:57:44 UTC 2014

Hello.
I wonder if there is any CKAN extension for previewing ESRI Shapefiles.

I already found ckanext-spatial [1] and installed it successfully.
The plugin requires to specify the correct format in order to generate
the desired preview.
For GeoJSON for example one must type "geojson" in the "Format" field
of the dataset.
I could not find any documenation on this point.

Since I am searching for a preview module which renders ESRI
Shapefiles I might be missing
some configuration "trick" with ckanext-spatial. I already tried the
following "Format" settings
without success.

- zip
- shape-zip