[ckan-discuss] CKAN 2.2 and persistence of URI for static file needing update

David Raznick david.raznick at okfn.org
Mon Feb 17 09:05:14 UTC 2014

Hello

I am not sure this is the case.  In fact version 2.2 made the URLs of
uploaded files to the filestore much more permanent. In the past any
new uploaded data caused a new URL to be created.  Now all URLs are
always of the form

http://HOST/dataset/<dataset_id>/resource/<resource_id>/download/filename.ext

Even if the filename of the new file you uploads name has changed you
are able to get at it using the old filename. i.e

http://HOST/dataset/<dataset_id>/resource/<resource_id>/download/oldfilename.ext

Not only that

http://HOST/dataset/<dataset_id>/resource/<resource_id>/download

is always a permanent link for any resource even for ones that have
not been uploaded as it will redirect to the correct location.

So I am confused as to why this is thought to be the case.  Clear
examples of where this is happening would be very appreciated.

Thanks

David