[ckan-discuss] Montreal extension code + CKAN instances page

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Tue Feb 25 19:03:25 UTC 2014

Hello,

Just a quick comment to let the community know that the City of Montréal
made its extension available on Github (mainly add a tag field to support
boroughs territories + other smaller stuff):
https://github.com/VilledeMontreal/CKAN-Extension-Territoire

Also a quick comment: It would be interesting to add an URL to the code
(when available) in the CKAN instances page (http://ckan.org/instances/).

It is not rare that we look at an instance and say "that's what I want".
Given CKAN's licence, extensions should in theory also be open source and
it would be a good practice to invite gov to publish the extension they do.
Do I take my dream for reality?

Stéphane