[ckan-discuss] Montreal extension code + CKAN instances page

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Thu Feb 27 09:28:41 UTC 2014

> It is not rare that we look at an instance and say "that's what I want".
> Given CKAN's licence, extensions should in theory also be open source and
> it would be a good practice to invite gov to publish the extension they do.
> Do I take my dream for reality?

This is not just theory, if they do not publish the extensions, you can
force them by pointing to the AGPL. It's a nice idea to add the source code
links to the instances page, but actually it should be linked on each
portal. But of course we all know that those links tend to be hard to find
:)

- Stefan

--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch