[ckan-discuss] CKAN Database Behind Firewall

Claire Bozic CBozic at cmap.illinois.gov
Wed Mar 26 14:40:38 UTC 2014

Based on a security audit and best practices report, our agency will deploy web-based software associated with databases with the application on the outside of the firewall and the associated database inside the firewall.  While CKAN allows easy flexibility in the file storage location, I haven't found anything in the documentation about how we can put the CKAN database behind the firewall.  Has anyone done this?

It would be good develop documentation focused on security.  There isn't much information focused on security and it is a big issue for public agencies.

Claire Bozic
Senior Analyst
Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning<http://www.cmap.illinois.gov/>
233 South Wacker Drive, Suite 800