[CKAN-support] South Australia - CKAN 2.0 Issues [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Marshall, Peter (OCIO) Peter.Marshall2 at sa.gov.au
Tue Feb 26 04:28:13 UTC 2013

Hi, I have a few issues and questions with our instance of CKAN.

1.      There are a number of metadata elements that I have heard are available in CKAN or in similar platforms.  Some of them would seem mandatory in order to provide users with appropriate information about datasets.  Can you please verify which of the following list are available, and whether they should be configured in the South Australian 2.0 CKAN instance?
*       Date fields - dataset currency, coverage, review date etc (date created is there)
*       Size of dataset in megabytes
*       Dataset ratings - open-ness (5 start rating) and usefulness (rated by users)

I understand that some of these may be provided by those who have built other functionality around CKAN (e.g. data.gov.uk) but would have expected some to be core requirements.

2.       I'd also like to know where statistics about the site usage can be found - hits on pages, datasets downloaded etc.

3.       I've seen a log of activity against a dataset but can't find that at present.  Which page is it available from?

4.      Some of the information about the datasets in CKAN looks like it is not being represented correctly - see "id", "resource group id", "revision id" in screen shot below.

Regards,
  Peter

Peter Marshall
Strategic Program Manager
Office of the Chief Information Officer
Government of South Australia

Level 16, 30 Wakefield Street Adelaide 5000
Phone:   (08) 8226 7440
Mobile:  0423 781 516
Fax:       (08) 8226 1188
Email:    peter.marshall2 at sa.gov.au<mailto:peter.marshall2 at sa.gov.au>
www.sa.gov.au/ocio<http://www.sa.gov.au/ocio>

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally or otherwise privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or reproduce any of its contents or attachments. You are asked to delete all copies of the e-mail from your computer system and confirm that you have done so by return e-mail to the sender. This e-mail and any attachments should be scanned to detect any viruses and no liability for loss or damage resulting from the use of any attached file is accepted.