[CKAN-support] SA Government Compliance Requirements [DLM=For-Official-Use-Only]

Marshall, Peter (OCIO) Peter.Marshall2 at sa.gov.au
Fri Mar 8 04:33:58 UTC 2013

For Official Use Only

Hi,
Here are our compliance requirements in terms of the SA CKAN site.  This is referenced in the spread sheet of implementation issues as follows

R08     SA Government compliance requirements   15/01/2013      Outstanding - was informed text could be changed via "admin" but can't see how any of them are addressed in this way, structure will need to be addressed through back end, Peter to advise changes required.

The following terms to be provided at the bottom of each CKAN page and the requested text linked to.  I've tried to be clear, but I'm sure you'll have some questions.  I presume the layout will depend on the CKAN page structure, but the way it is characterised on our central web site (if this helps) is at www.sa.gov.au<http://www.sa.gov.au>

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[directs to Home page]

Accessibility

[it's difficult for us to describe our accessibility requirements as we don't know the design approach of the site and don't control refinements - does CKAN subscribe to any standards here, e.g. WCAG 2.0?  If there is some standard, do you have a formal statement of compliance that we can link here?  If not maybe we can start with the opening paragraphs from the UK data site as follows......

[Text as follows]
We are committed to making this website accessible to all users, regardless of circumstances. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of the site; if you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, or if you have difficulty using any part of it, please contact us at DataSA at sa.gov.au<mailto:DataSA at sa.gov.au>.]

Disclaimer

[Text as follows]

Use of the information and data contained on this site on these pages is at your sole risk.
If you rely on the information on this Site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy or completeness.
If you use automatic language translation services in connection with this Site you do so at your own risk.
The information and data on this Site is subject to change without notice. The Government may revise this Disclaimer at any time by updating this posting.
The State of South Australia, its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees:
*

make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this Site;
*       make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on this Site or any linked site into another language;
*       accept no liability for any use of the said information and data or reliance placed on it (including translated information and data);
*       make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose;
*       make no warranties that the said information and data is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination;
*       do not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on sites linked from or to this Site;
*       do not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on sites linked from or to this Site;
*       do not make any warranties or representations that material on other web sites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world;
*       and do not authorise the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other sites by linking this Site to those other sites.

Privacy Statement

[Text as follows]
Data.SA is operated in compliance with the South Australian Government's Information Privacy Principles, a copy of which can be obtained at; http://www.archives.sa.gov.au/privacy/principles.html
This service records the IP address of every hit to the site. This information is logged and analysed at the end of each month to determine the site's usage statistics.
No personal details are provided to any individuals or organisations, and access to this information is restricted to members of the data.sa team unless said contact is already published with the authors consent.

Terms and Conditions

[Text as follows]

Please refer to the terms of use on sa.gov.au
http://sa.gov.au/site/terms-and-conditions

Contact

[Text as follows]

Data.sa can be contacted at DataSA at sa.gov.au<mailto:DataSA at sa.gov.au>

[Licensing - no title, just the following image/text displayed at the bottom of the screen with links from logo and text as provided - see www.sa.gov.au<http://www.sa.gov.au> for proposed layout]

 <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/>
The Government of South Australia website is licensed under a Creative
Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence.<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/>

Copyright

[Text as follows]

The Government of South Australia supports and encourages the dissemination and exchange of public sector information, and endorses the use of the Australian Governments Open Access and Licensing Framework <http://www.ausgoal.gov.au/> by its agencies.

With the exception of the Piping Shrike emblem, images, and other material or devices protected by a trademark and subject to review by the Government of South Australia at all times, the content of this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Australia Attribution 3.0 Licence<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/deed.en>. The Government of South Australia requests attribution as 'Government of South Australia'. All other rights are reserved.

The Government of South Australia has undertaken reasonable enquiries to identify material owned by third parties and secure permission for its reproduction. Permission may need to be obtained from third parties to re-use their material.

Note:  I also need to investigate branding.  You have emulated the sa.gov.au design from our other beta data site (thanks), but there may be requirements to include our state emblem to particular standards.  I'll follow this up.

Regards,
  Peter

Peter Marshall
Strategic Program Manager
Office of the Chief Information Officer
Government of South Australia

Level 16, 30 Wakefield Street Adelaide 5000
Phone:   (08) 8226 7440
Mobile:  0423 781 516
Fax:       (08) 8226 1188
Email:    peter.marshall2 at sa.gov.au<mailto:peter.marshall2 at sa.gov.au>
www.sa.gov.au/ocio<http://www.sa.gov.au/ocio>

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally or otherwise privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or reproduce any of its contents or attachments. You are asked to delete all copies of the e-mail from your computer system and confirm that you have done so by return e-mail to the sender. This e-mail and any attachments should be scanned to detect any viruses and no liability for loss or damage resulting from the use of any attached file is accepted.