[CKAN-support] Issues with the South Australia CKAN portal [DLM=For-Official-Use-Only]

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Feb 18 13:36:10 UTC 2013

> Hi Peter,
>
> It looks like the permissions on your site are configured so that
> visitors (who are not logged in to the site) are not allowed to register
> new user accounts, hence why clicking on "Create an Account" does
> nothing (this is actually a CKAN bug, the "Create an Account" button
> should not be shown when you're not allowed to use it).
>
> It's not currently possible for sysadmins (even when logged in) to
> create new user accounts for other users via the web interface.
>
> Instead, you have to ssh into the server and create the new accounts on
> the command line. The command to add a user is:

Sorry, my mistake, I don't think you actually have ssh access to the
server to run the commands yourself.

If you could email me the user names you'd like to be created, and
indicate which ones you want to be sysadmins, I'll create them for you.

Also, would you like me to configure the site so that visitors can
register their own user accounts?

Thanks