[CKAN-support] Landcare New Zealand support query on Templates

Gavin Chait gavin.chait at okfn.org
Fri Aug 23 07:21:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,

The following queries are from Landcare New Zealand, a support client.  The
first has, I think, insufficient detail to answer and I've asked them to
flesh it out.

The second relates to retheming the template and would be a useful item in
the docs.  Could you please review and let me know what they need to do?

---

We were trying to change the background image using the theming and changes
to the CSS/LESS, but had trouble. We've found out how to do simple changes
like that in the Config options CSS, but for future reference it would be
good to get up to speed on how to start more advanced theming (we don't
actually have a desired theme we want to apply, so this would be learning
which we could apply when we do.  Perhaps teaching us how to change the
background via the CSS/LESS could be a training example?).

---

Much appreciated.

Gavin

  _____

Gavin Chait

Head of Services | skype: whythawk | M:  +44 (0) 78 9495 7090 |
<https://twitter.com/GavinChait> @GavinChait

The
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fokfn.org%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCN
G2PcKjUT2LrlbSh4JGbu1dt-bNyg> Open Knowledge Foundation

Empowering through Open Knowledge

 <http://okfn.org/> http://okfn.org/ |  <http://twitter.com/OKFN> @okfn |
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> OKF on Facebook |
<http://blog.okfn.org/> Blog | <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>
Newsletter

            We have a first few things that we would like your help with
under our support plan.

a)      We have encountered trouble getting the data preview function to
work, and

b)       We were trying to change the background image using the theming and
changes to the CSS/LESS, but had trouble. We've found out how to do simple
changes like that in the Config options CSS, but for future reference it
would be good to get up to speed on how to start more advanced theming (we
don't actually have a desired theme we want to apply, so this would be
learning which we could apply when we do.  Perhaps teaching us how to change
the background via the CSS/LESS could be a training example?).

My initial thought is that rather than you guys just fixing things, we try
and upskill ourselves in the process - so maybe you assessing the problem
and then talking us through fixing?

I've cc in Michael Speth who is the technical person who is setting up CKAN
for us, and who you would need to liaise with.

So, when would you be able to assist us with this, how long do you think it
should take, how would you like to work it.

Thanks

Aaron