[CKAN-support] URGENT: FW: CKAN setup/info

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Aug 27 09:13:46 UTC 2013

Error - <class 'sqlalchemy.exc.ProgrammingError'>:
(ProgrammingError) permission denied for schema a public

This looks like your postgres datastore database user doesn't have the
right postgres permissions. Looking at the database permissions you sent
us and comparing it to my own setup, I see a few things wrong:

- Your ckan_default database is owned by user postgres, should be owned
  by user ckan_default

- Your datastore_default database is owned by user postgres, should be owned
  by user ckan_default

- I have en_US.UTF-8 in the collate and ctype columns for all databases,
  you have C, not sure if this is important

- Your access privileges column is also different to mine

The first two points (database ownerships) are probably what's causing
your error. Do you have data in these ckan_default and datastore_default
databases yet? If not, I recommend deleting them and following the CKAN
docs to set them up again. If you can't delete them then you can try
changing the owners with a couple of commands in the psql shell, like:

ALTER DATABASE ckan_default OWNER TO ckan_default;
ALTER DATABASE datastore_default OWNER TO ckan_default;