[CKAN-support] building a case for client to upgrade

Gavin Chait gavin.chait at okfn.org
Mon Jan 6 08:49:37 UTC 2014

Hi George,

Sorry if this is a very late reply.

The upgrade path will offer a number of performance improvements. One of the
most critical is the removal of the old datastorer which used a third-party
system for processing conversion of machine-readable file uploads to a local
datapusher. This has significant stability and reliability improvements.

We are also currently working on a dashboard presentation system for 2.3.
The dashboards will permit improved visualisation interaction (including the
ability to save charts as dataset resources, and the integration of
alternative visualisation systems) as well as presentation of the dashboards
(incorporating numerous charts and text for advocacy or story-telling)
themselves.

David and Adria will have a better view than I on all the performance
enhancements coming if 2.2 which is due for release. I can discuss this with
them if you need further info?

Regards

Gavin

  _____

Gavin Chait

Lead Consultant | skype: whythawk | M:  +44 (0) 78 9495 7090 |
<https://twitter.com/GavinChait> @GavinChait

CKAN Professional Services @ The
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fokfn.org%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCN
G2PcKjUT2LrlbSh4JGbu1dt-bNyg> Open Knowledge Foundation

Empowering through Open Knowledge

 <http://okfn.org/> http://okfn.org/ |  <http://twitter.com/OKFN> @okfn |
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> OKF on Facebook |
<http://blog.okfn.org/> Blog | <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>