[CKAN-support] requirements for data.vic.gov.au

George Sattler George.sattler at xvt.com.au
Tue Mar 18 08:31:42 UTC 2014

Hi CKAN Support

I'm responding to some requirements for the New South Wales government - with the intention to move their current data portal at data.vic.gov.au to a CKAN-based solution.

Would anyone know the answers to a few of these for the current stable release of CKAN...

If someone could respond in a day or less, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
George Sattler

Description

George's comment

OKF Comment???

The website must be compliant with W3C validation. All pages must pass HTML and CSS validation at http://validator.w3.org/ and http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Would you know if CKAN 2.2 passes either or both of these?

The accessibility compliance requirements for this website are W3C WCAG 2.0 Level AA.

I think that this is the case but would just like to confirm if you know if this has been targeted at any stage?

The website must use the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) development guide to identify levels of input validation, authentication, data protection, transaction, privacy and SSL. This guide is available at www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Guide_Project<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Guide_Project>.

Have any security tests been performed lately that could confirm that security has been taken into consideration?

Or even better, if the OWASP guide has been used in core CKAN development?

RSS feed for the entire site

As far as I have investigated, there is an ATOM feed for datasets but I couldn't work out if there is one for the entire site.

George Sattler
Software Developer/Analyst

Office 03 6224 2377 | Email george.sattler at xvt.com.au<mailto:george.sattler at xvt.com.au>
34 Anglesea Street, South Hobart, TAS 7004

This email and any files transmitted with it is confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. The unauthorised use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us immediately by reply email and destroy this communication. Any views and opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of XVT Solutions. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. XVT Solutions accepts no liability for the content of this email, and any damage caused by any viruses that could potentially be transmitted through this email.