[CKAN-support] [Open Knowledge Foundation] Update: Re: Real-time data

Adam McGreggor notifications-support at okfn.zendesk.com
Tue Apr 1 11:59:18 UTC 2014

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

[Open Knowledge Foundation] Update: Re: Real-time data

You are registered as a CC on this support request (112). Reply to this email to add a comment to the request.

Adam McGreggor, Apr 01 12:59

Akhilesh,

Do we still need to clarify the harvesting process? -- maybe after next week's demo?

Best wishes,

Adam

Adam McGreggor, Mar 12 23:08

Hi Akhilesh,

You’re right, there is a harvesting extension, but unfortunately, you seem to have found some rather old documentation for it. The current documentation/home is https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-harvest — hopefully the README document explains things a lot better: it’s significantly more detailed.

Automating data updates is, a great aim. For providing real-time data, using the DataStore extension may be a nice approach: http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/datastore.html explains the features of the DataStore.

Do you think that those appraoches might be useful approaches to you? It could be possible to write a custom harvester, that hits, periodically a set (list) of URI end-points to retrieve and then process the data found, otherwise.

Best wishes,

Adam

--
Adam McGreggor
General Manager  |  skype: adamamyl  |  @adamamyl

This email is a service from Open Knowledge Foundation.

[W734-BVDF]