[CKAN-support] [Open Knowledge Foundation] Re: Posting to other CKAN instances

Steven Flower Steven.Flower at devinit.org
Mon Jun 23 16:52:19 UTC 2014

That's great - thanks Adria

On 23/06/14 17:20, support at ckan.org<mailto:support at ckan.org> wrote:
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
[Adrià Merc]

Adrià Mercader (Open Knowledge Foundation)

Jun 23 17:20

Hi Steven,

The way CKAN packages are generally federated is via a "pull" mechanism rather than a "push" one. That means that data.gov or data.gov.uk would "harvest" your datasets into their catalog (using the harvester extension [1]). From the registry side there's nothing that need to be done, as the harvesters use the default CKAN API, I guess it's a matter of contacting the other catalogue maintainers and discussing the best approach.

Let me know if you need more details,

Adrià

[1] https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-harvest

[Steven Flo]

Steven Flower

Jun 18 19:52

Hi Adria

Would you please be able to signpost me to where to read up on enabling
IATI packages to be posted to other CKAN instances - namely data.gov and
data.gov.uk

Thanks

Steven

This email is a service from Open Knowledge Foundation. Delivered by Zendesk<http://www.zendesk.com/help-desk-software/?utm_medium=email-notification&utm_campaign=text>.