[CKAN-support] [Open Knowledge Foundation] Re: spatial extension / SSL cert issue

George Sattler George.sattler at xvt.com.au
Sun May 25 05:51:16 UTC 2014

Hi Adrià
Great. I’ll patch and keep testing.
Thanks
George
From: support at ckan.org [mailto:support at ckan.org]
Sent: Friday, 23 May 2014 7:30 PM
To: George Sattler
Subject: [Open Knowledge Foundation] Re: spatial extension / SSL cert issue

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
[http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/69f14e9af81f4441755fce755a925319?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2Fframe_user.png&r=g]

Adrià Mercader (Open Knowledge Foundation)

May 23 10:30

Hi George,

This is caused by the tiles (and a small image in the attribution) being requested as http rather than https.

It has been fixed upstream in Recline but it looks that it didn't made it's way to CKAN. I've created an issue to fix it but in the meantime I'm afraid that the only way to fix it is patching manually the two lines linked from the issue in recline.js

https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/1729

Let us know if you need any help.

Adrià

[http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/77735a3493044d5275a09335b921a383?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2Fframe_user.png&r=g]

Nigel Babu (Open Knowledge Foundation)

May 23 07:11

Hi George,

Do you know the CKAN version and the spatial extension version/last commit for this? I took a brief look at the code and it all looked fine. Mapbox does do SSL and non-SSL gracefully and as far as I could see it was handled correctly.

[http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/d248d10e52a55999a5cef7ce75a478f9?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2Fframe_user.png&r=g]

George Sattler

May 21 10:06

Hi Guys

Has anyone run into a problem using the spatial extension when the site is covered by an SSL cert?

I’m just testing this using a self-signed certificate but the browser complains of loading insecure content etc. when it tries to load map tiles. Perhaps there is a secure version of the map tile source around that could be used?

Thanks

George

George Sattler

Software Developer/Analyst

Office 03 6224 2377 | Email george.sattler at xvt.com.au<mailto:george.sattler at xvt.com.au>

34 Anglesea Street, South Hobart, TAS 7004

--------
This email and any files transmitted with it is confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. The unauthorised use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us immediately by reply email and destroy this communication. Any views and opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of XVT Solutions. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. XVT Solutions accepts no liability for the content of this email, and any damage caused by any viruses that could potentially be transmitted through this email.

This email is a service from Open Knowledge Foundation. Delivered by Zendesk<http://www.zendesk.com>.
Message-Id:RJXS4HZP_537f151c83e7_507e3fc5a02c9e94797c3_sprut