[ckan4rdm] EUDAT using CKAN as metadata repository and search portal

Heinrich Widmann widmann at dkrz.de
Tue Dec 10 14:42:58 UTC 2013

Dear all,

as newcomer on this mailing list I would like to introduce ourselves and
how we use CKAN in the project EUDAT.

EUDAT is a EU funded project that aims a pan-European, interdisciplanary
common data infrastructure for research communities.
For details see eudat.eu .

Within EUDAT we use CKAN as repository and portal for metadata search
and access. For the pilot frontapage see
eudat-jmd.dkrz.de

We are very interested to exchange experiences and solutions with other
research projects using CKAN.
If you have any further question about our project please contact me
(widmann at dkrz.de) or Hannes Thiemann (thiemann at dkrz.de).

One of our most challenging tasks is the maintenance of up to millions
of datasets and the scalability issues caused by this.
E.g. we hope that the bad performance of action 'group_list' on large
groups (one CKAN group(=EUDAT community) may contain hundred thousends
of datasets)  in CKAN2.1 will be fixed in CKAN2.2.

Looking forward to discussing this and other issues (and solutions :-) )
with you,
Heinrich

--
Heinrich Widmann              \\ Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH