[ckan4rdm] catalogue of CKAN research data repositories

John Erickson erickj4 at rpi.edu
Fri Aug 8 12:41:54 UTC 2014

Perhaps if CKAN repositories were to...

* Use http://schema.org/DataCatalog to expose catalog metadata...
* Use http://schema.org/Dataset to expose dataset metadata...
* Adopt appropriate values in the metadata elements, to accurately
identify the data as research data, from particular domains...

...then a stand-alone "catalogue" or "good list" of research data
repositories would not be required; rather, "Big Search" (The Google
et.al.) could be used to locate research data with good fidelity.
Alternatively (or in addition), crawlers could be used to extract and
aggregate such metadata to automagically create such a "good list..."

John