[ckan4rdm] Purging an individual user

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Wed Oct 21 05:23:00 UTC 2015

Hi, one of users registered with one user name  time x, subsequently they registered with a second username (with same full name and email).  The time x username was deleted at some point, but it is still in the database (they don't show in the list of active users, but if I manually enter the url I can get to their 'old' user record.

It transpires that we want to resurect the old username, so either completely purge it and then re-register using that username, OR alternately to reactivate that old username and then remove the second username that was created, OR to rename that second username to the original (together with the single dataset they created under that name?

Looking at the docs I'm not 100% clear how to do this so that we end up with the initial username as active again, and the second username removed.

Thanks
Aaron