[datacatalogs] Fwd: Potential addition to http://datacatalogs.org

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Wed Feb 8 12:39:23 UTC 2012

Of course the really important thing is what the license for each dataset
within WEHub, but the question for datacatalogs.org is what the license of
the *metadata* is - i.e. the records stored on WEHub. The T&Cs state:

"By posting and sharing content with WEHUB, the user retains copyright of
the original content. You agree to grant WEHUB a perpetual, royalty-free,
nonexclusive, irrevocable license to use, modify, reproduce, adapt, edit,
perform analysis on, publish, display and distribute the submitted content."

I could be wrong, but as I read it, the records are not shareable, so not
open.

Dave