[datacatalogs] Problem with search on datacatalogs.org

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Oct 3 18:35:25 UTC 2012

On 3 October 2012 16:06, James McKinney <james at opennorth.ca> wrote:
> Going through the revision history, there are dozens of these. Here is one
> that is pure spam (never had a good revision):
> http://datacatalogs.org/catalog/zjukvoxppwv
>
> I found Le Mans and data.gouv.fr and restored all those I found to their
> original content. I went up to page 26 (Nov 8, 2011) in the revision history
> to fix Paris. The above spam was created Jul 2011. This took about 30 mins
> so if someone wants to go through the rest it should be quick.

Note you can delete "spam" revisions - go to history page, click on
revision link and hit delete. You can then purge those spam revisions
via http://datacatalogs.org/ckan-admin/trash

Rufus

> I recommend blocking all anonymous edits until the revision bug I described
> below is fixed (in which the URL changes without the revision being
> approved).

In theory they are blocked - none of the changes should happen without
approval. However, if this is not happening we'll definitely check and
shut down anonymous editing.

Rufus