[datacatalogs] [ckan-discuss] RFC: A proposal for Simple Data Catalogs Interoperatibility based on DCAT

Dan Brickley danbri at google.com
Tue Nov 12 22:28:38 UTC 2013

On 12 November 2013 22:08, Hanssens Bart <Bart.Hanssens at fedict.be> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Interesting, on a related note, several open data sites in Belgium
> are looking into a DCAT Application Profile... euhrm... Profile.
>
> We have the same issues: some sites are using CKAN, others
> Drupal, or just plain HTML...

Just to throw another design into the mix, here is a demo
schema.org-oriented Google Custom Search engine, which targets the
subset of the Web containing Microdata or RDFa mentioning a type whose
name ends in "Dataset". So this covers http://schema.org/Dataset as
well as DCAT at least.

http://datasets.schema-labs.appspot.com/

Dan