[datacatalogs] DataCatalogs.org migrated to the new setup

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Aug 28 10:46:27 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Following the discussion on list [1] we have migrated DataCatalogs.org from
CKAN to a new, very simple setup based on a Google Spreadsheet "DB" and a
ultra-simple NodeJS frontend. To see new setup running visit:

http://datacatalogs.org/

Full details on the migration in this (closed) github issue
<https://github.com/okfn/datacatalogs.org/issues/23>.

Immediate next steps:

- Refine the information we collect on each portal / catalog (I will send a
separate email)
- Geocode the current portals we have - see this issue
<https://github.com/okfn/datacatalogs.org/issues/30> (at the moment we have
only coded about 60 of the 390 portals in the DB) ***volunteers wanted**
:-)*

Regards,

Rufus

[1]: https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/data-catalogs/2014-July/000175.html