[datacatalogs] Proposal: migrating datacatalogs.org to a new simpler setup

James McKinney james at opennorth.ca
Mon Jun 2 20:52:06 UTC 2014

The features you describe are more-or-less all on the current datacatalogs.org. It’s just that datacatalogs.org has accumulated technical debt.

It seems that Rufus wants to solve the technical debt by rewriting it as a thin git-based system that throws away all the features you mention.

I would agree that it’s better to keep the features, and to just pay the price of the debt…

James