[datacatalogs] Revising the information we collect on data portals

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Oct 8 12:54:00 UTC 2014

Hi All,

As part of our move to the new setup we have an option to add / remove /
amend the set of information (metadata) we collect for each data portal.

We've booted an open spreadsheet here that summarizes both the current
metadata and the proposals for amendments:

Open Spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/spreadsheets/d/14vMXFDKwMJrHLf1zQtAt6Z6cWRRQuXFNmBx-qHDImBA/edit#gid=0>

Please take a quick look and make suggestions or add comments (see the
comments row). Key items include adding columns to record data about the
provider of the portal, API locations etc.

Once we've got a consensus here we will move to update the DB and roll this
out.

Regards,

Rufus

PS: we are tracking this task in this issue
https://github.com/okfn/datacatalogs.org/issues/24