[ddj] DataMarket.com - 125 million time series from (mostly) open data sources

Hjalmar Gislason hjalli at datamarket.net
Wed Aug 10 10:08:09 UTC 2011

Dear data journalism enthusiasts,

I see that links to some great tools and resources have been shared here lately.

I'm sorry for the shameless plug, but I hope some of you are aware of
http://datamarket.com/ - It's a data portal that provides access to
statistics and structured data from various public and private sector
organizations, enabling users to find, compare, visualize, embed and
download statistics from organizations such as the UN, World Bank,
Eurostat, Gapminder and others in a single place.

To give it a spin, try searching for things like:
- oil production libya egypt tunisia:
http://datamarket.com/data/list/?q=oil+production+libya+egypt+tunisia
- deficit ireland: http://datamarket.com/data/list/?q=deficit+ireland
- etc.

...or browse and search individual data providers here:
- http://datamarket.com/data/

There is plenty of stuff there. All in all about 15 thousand data
sets, holding more than 125 million individual time series, ranging
from World GDP growth to the yield of oranges in Cyprus :)

Pretty sure many of you will find this interesting. Feel free to
contact me for further details.

Best,
Hjalmar Gislason
Founder & CEO, DataMarket