[ddj] The Data Journalism Handbook at #MozFest 2011 in London

Jerry Vermanen jerryvermanen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:18:42 UTC 2011

I want to contribute where I can - and where I'm needed. We're organizing a
data journalism hackathon called RegioHack in The Netherlands. Journalists
and programmers working together to figure out what data journalism is and
to produce some stories. On november 10th and 11th, the first edition of
our event will be held in Enschede.

After that, we want to evaluate RegioHack and write a bunch of
recommendations for aspiring datajournalists. What tools are usefull when
working on your own? What projects should be done in a team? Work from a
stack of data, or ask a journalistic question and search data to answer it?

Who can I contact to contribute to the handbook? I'm really excited about
this workshop/collaboration/whateveryoucallit.

Jerry Vermanen
Twitter: @JerryVermanen

2011/11/1 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>

> Yes - we were going to look at this in the "How is it done?" section.
> Specifically we wanted to have a "journalist hackers vs. hackers for
> hire" bit.
>
> Is there anyone who might be interested in working on a section along
> these lines?
>
> J.
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org>
> wrote:
> > Yey!
> >
> > Suggestion for contribution for the handbook as discussed with Liliana
> earlier:
> >
> > "How to find (and trust) hacker"
> >
> > Worth it?
> >
> > Lucy