[ddj] Hi everyone

Mirko mirko.lorenz at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 8 06:46:20 UTC 2011

Not that sure whether this should go here, but anyway: Tim McNamara
has posted an article describing how (and why) to use SQL when asking
journalistic questions. While the coding itself goes beyond my current
understanding the structure of the article provides a bit of a
blueprint how setting up a database, filling it with data from a
source and then executing queries makes sense and reveals patterns.
Maybe you'll find this helpful, too:

http://notebook.okfn.org/2011/10/08/introducing-sql-for-lightweight-data-manipulation/