[ddj] PDF to Excel (or Numbers, or Google Spreadsheet)

Tommy Kaas tommybirchkaas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 10:50:12 UTC 2012

Hi Diana

What works depends a lot on the quality of the pdf.

I have had some luck with: www.cometdocs.com

I also have the free xpdf on my computer – you have to run it from the
command line.

http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/

(An old manual from IRE: *http://tinyurl.com/8e5sfs7)*

* *

If the pdf file is created be scanning a page and saving it as a “picture”,
none of these tools will do. Then you must use an OCR application. There
are a number of tools. I have had most luck with ABBYY FineReader. It
costs, but it’s possible to download a free trial version:
https://store.abbyyeu.com/cgi-bin/dlreg/ml=EN?ID=FR11PETB**

* *

Good luck,

Tommy

2012/8/27 Diana Assennato Botello <lamajavestida at gmail.com>

> Hey guys, yesterday I needed a good converter from PDF to Google
> Spreadsheet.
>
> I tried this online free service <http://pdftoexcelonline.com/> to create
> an xls.
>
> The conversion was not that bad, but I was wondering if you guys have any
> recommendation for a newbie.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Diana
>
> http://diana.assennato.eu/