[ddj] Request for feedback

M Edward Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Thu Feb 2 22:49:58 UTC 2012

Speaking of free tools, I'm in the final beta testing stages on the
Data Journalism Developer Studio 2012LX. What I'm mostly looking for
now is any glaring omissions - software that should be there but
isn't. What's included now is software I either use regularly or want
to learn. The restrictions are:

1. It must be open source and freely redistributable.

2. If it's packaged by a separate project, like Ushahidi / SwiftRiver
or ScraperWiki, I don't want to include it. They do a better job than
I ever can and have a lot more funding.

3. It must run on Linux. Extra points if you can install it on a
Windows laptop. ;-)

The more or less comprehensive master list is at

http://borasky-research.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/About-The-Data-Journalism-Developer-Studio.pdf

Thanks for any help you can offer.
--
http://twitter.com/znmeb
http://znmeb.github.com/Data-Journalism-Developer-Studio/

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." -- Paul Erdős