[ddj] NewsHack Day SF Invites Journos, Hackers to Hackathon

John C. Osborn josborn25 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 20:11:09 UTC 2012

*Are you a developer, designer or journalist interested in the future of
news? Join us for NewsHack Day and ScraperWiki code
camp<http://newshackdaysf.tumblr.com/>.
We're bringing together a community for several days of creative news
coding and data reporting. You don't have to be an expert coder or editor:
just bring your skills and enthusiasm to figure out the future of news.
We’re building story hacks (digging up data-driven stories) and news tools
(ways to make reporting, producing and publishing better). We'll have code
camp to turn data into investigative stories on Friday, followed by the
NewsHack social. A 48-hour hackathon at the Hub SoMa happens all weekend.
Free food and cocktails will be provided by Airbnb's executive chef Sam
Lippman and Tim West.

For more information, please go to our signup here:
http://newshack.eventbrite.com/ -- or our website at
http://newshackdaysf.tumblr.com/. You  can also join us on
Twitter<https://twitter.com/#!/NewsHackDays>or
Facebook. <https://www.facebook.com/NewsHackDaySF?ref=ts> Space is limited.

Thanks,

NewsHack Day team

Thanks to our sponsors: Knight Mozilla OpenNews, SoundCloud, New Media
Ventures, Public Media Accelerator, San Francisco Chronicle, the Hasso
Plattner School of Design at Stanford, Hub Bay Area, ScraperWiki,
Evri.com<http://evri.com/>,
MajorPlanet Studios, and Elefint Designs. *

--
John C. Osborn
Freelance Journalist

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original message and any attachments. In accordance with Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.§§ 2510-2521.