[ddj] Data Journalism Awards featured winner: Riot Rumours

Hanna McLean mclean at ejc.net
Mon Jun 11 09:55:38 UTC 2012

Hey everybody,

Just a few quick things today. First of all, I wanted to direct your
attention to the Data Journalism Awards featured winner: Riot
Rumours<http://datadrivenjournalism.net/featured_projects/Data_Journalism_Awards_featured_winner_Riot_Rumours>.
I was reading through the review and thought it may be interesting for all
of you to read as well. What the team for the project "Riot Rumors"
actually did was they supported the Guardian's most ambitious visualisation
yet by attempting to illustrate how rumours on Twitter spread during the
August 2011 riots in England. The review sums up the project pretty well
and there are links provided that let you visit the actual website of the
project as well as see the jury's comments and more. It's worth the read,
if you have some time.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that the Data.Journalism! conference
and workshop<http://datadrivenjournalism.net/events/Data.Journalism_-_conference_and_workshop_in_Vienna>in
Vienna is taking place in just 3 days, so if you haven't signed up
yet,
but would like to go, I advise you to be quick. Time is running out :-)

Finally, please remember to always use the #ddj hashtag when actively
participating in data journalism discussions on Twitter. Using the hashtag
makes sure that you won't get lost in the Twitter frenzy.

Thanks for listening! I hope you all have a great day and I will write you
all again later on if I see anything interesting that comes my way.

Cheers,
Hanna
===

Hanna McLean | Community Manager | European Journalism Centre
Sonneville-lunet 10, 6221KT Maastricht, The Netherlands
Tel. : +31.433.254.030 | Fax : +32.240.042.20
Email : mclean at ejc.net

Visit: www.ejc.net | www.eu4journalists.eu | www.eufeeds.eu

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorised
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system.