[ddj] Poderomedia Foundation launches Hackatons.org and 2 day datajournalism workshop in Chile

Miguel Paz ohmyblog at gmail.com
Tue May 15 03:28:20 UTC 2012

I am pleased to tell you that today the chilean Foundation Poderomedia
launched Hackatons.org, an open, collaborative, creative and
experimental laboratory in spanish language for journalists,
developers and citizens who seek to redefine the future of news
through innovation and technology.

Hackatons aims to become a platform for organizing and disseminating
hackatones, from Mexico to Patagonia, with the idea of supporting
groups of hacks and hackers focused on our regional situation, under
the principles of the open web, open source, transparency and public
interest.

Hackatons was created because we believe that through learning
together, developing new tools and building professional networks
among people passionate about their work, we can improve the hispanic
information ecosystem and together do things that can change the
world.

With that said, if you happen to be in Santiago, Chile :) in june
22-23, we are happy to tell you that we will have a two day
datajournalism workshop with Brian Boyer and Joe Germuska, creators of
PandaProject.net and members of the Chicago Tribune News Apps Team.

The workshop is kindly supported by Knight-Mozilla Open News
(www.mozillaopennews.org), Movistar (www.movistar.cl), La Tercera
(www.latercera.com) and Mestra (beers of course: www.mestra.cl)

All the details at: www.hackatons.org I info at hackatons.org I @hackatons

Best!