[ddj] Job: Data Visualisation Developer at the Open Knowledge Foundation

Liliana Bounegru bounegru at ejc.net
Thu May 24 15:47:11 UTC 2012

For those of you looking for a job in the field, the Open Knowledge
Foundation is looking for a Data Visualization Developer. More details
below.

As a Data Visualisation Developer, much of your time will be spent on our
flagship OpenSpending project.

OpenSpending is about mapping the money. We want to make government
finances accessible to advocates, journalists and citizens. Our goal is to
collect budgeting information from across the world and to present it in a
form that promotes understanding, analysis and participation.

Skills we’re looking for include:

- Strong visual design skills
- HTML5/Javascript visualisation experience
- Familiarity with several visualization toolkits (e.g. D3, Raphael)
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility
- Plus (but optional): Knowledge of Python

More details at:
http://jobs.datadrivenjournalism.net/discussion/61/the-open-knowledge-foundation-is-looking-for-a-data-visualisation-developer-

To apply email: jobs at okfn.org

Best,

Liliana
===

Liliana Bounegru | Project Manager on Data Journalism | European Journalism
Centre
Sonneville-lunet 10, 6221KT Maastricht, The Netherlands
Tel. : +31.433.254.030 | Fax : +32.240.042.20
Email : bounegru at ejc.net | Twitter: @ddjournalism

Visit: www.ejc.net | www.datadrivenjournalism.net |
www.datajournalismhandbook.org

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorised
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system.