[ddj] Potential interview partners, content ideas for DataDrivenJournalism.net

Tom Longley tom at tacticaltech.org
Fri Nov 30 08:05:02 UTC 2012

Hi there Hannah -

It'd be interesting to do a group retrospective with the various
editors who built stuff using the Iraq, Afghanistan and Cables
material from Wikileaks.

On a slightly related note, at Tactical Tech, we've put together short
overviews of 30 data wrangling and visualisation tools for our Drawing
by Numbers project, which is about visualising information for advocacy.

http://drawingbynumbers.org/toolsandresources

The reviews are written to cover a few things you probably wished
you'd known before you used the tool. We also look at the privacy and
security aspects of the tools. They compliment a growing set of how-to
articles that look at data as evidence, and how it fits into
campaigning. For example, here's one on open data:

http://drawingbynumbers.org/data-design-basics/note-3-opening-open-data

Cheers,

Tom

.