[ddj] Wish list -- list of print media practicing datajournalism, types, amounts, and quality

Dwight Hines dwight.hines at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 23:19:15 UTC 2012

It would be valuable to know where  datajournalism is being practiced
by local print and broadcast newsmedia. Basic  Information about how often,
what types, and quality of datajournalism would be good.   It could be one
factor in grading local media.

What would also be helpful is creating reality or validity check methods on
local media by comparing written or broadcast reports with videotapes of
the actual events (council meeting, court hearing, trials, etc).
 Automation would be helpful because transcribing DVDs is a pain.

Dwight Hines
IndyMedia
Maine, USA