[ddj] Data Journalism crew

Paula Freitas paula.refreitas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 17:08:19 UTC 2012

Hi Liliana,

Just to share some information about the courses.

I've emailed City University about the module in Data Journalism and,
unfortunately, I was informed by the Journalism Programmes Officer (Rachel
West) that only people already studying Journalism at City are able to take
the module.

Her reply follows below:

Dear Paula

Many thanks for your enquiry.

Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate any occasional students on to
any Journalism modules without studying the full degree.

I am sorry to have to disappoint you.

Kind regards

Rachel West
Postgraduate Programme Administrator
Department of Journalism

School of Arts and Social Sciences
City University London
Northampton Square
London EC1V 0HB

Rachel.West.1 at city.ac.uk
+44 (0)20 7040 3319
www.city.ac.uk/journalism

Regards,
Paula

2012/10/14 Liliana Bounegru <bounegru at ejc.net>

> Hi Rosa,
>
> Very useful! Thank you.
>
> I was wondering if you saw this spreadsheet [1] of degrees and courses
> that we started circulating a couple of weeks ago?
>
> It would be great if we could merge your list and this public one so we
> can have one comprehensive list!
>
> [1]
> https://docs.google.com/a/ejc.net/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AroZtaueL8hIdHpJZlh3SUplUklGNUFsa3poX0xQTmc#gid=1
>
> All the best,
>
> Liliana
> ===
>
> Liliana Bounegru | Project Manager on Data Journalism | European
> Journalism Centre
> Sonnevillelunet 10, 6221KT Maastricht, The Netherlands
> Tel. : +31.433.254.030 | Fax : +32.240.042.20
> Email : bounegru at ejc.net | Twitter: @ddjournalism
>
> Visit: www.ejc.net | www.datadrivenjournalism.net |
> www.datajournalismhandbook.org
> Join: ejc.net/facebook | ejc.net/twitter | community.ejc.net
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
> confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorised
> disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
> please notify the sender and delete this email from your system.
>

> On 14 October 2012 15:05, Rosa Maria Di Natale <rosamariadinatale at yahoo.it
> > wrote:
>
>> Dear all
>>
>> I'm Rosa Maria Di Natale, journalist and founder of Data Journalism crew
>> blog (http://datajcrew.sudmediatika.it/). We would like to point out the
>> best datajournalism works
>> published on web. We have just published our first world's dataj
>> schools interactive map, by our author Daniele Palumbo. Please, help us
>> to complete it!
>>

>> http://datajcrew.sudmediatika.it/?p=1209
>>

>> We are also on Facebook:  (
>> http://www.facebook.com/data.journalism.crew?fref=ts)