[ddj] Mapping and monitoring lobbying activities and networks of power in Spain - The Civio Foundation

Javier de Vega javier at civio.es
Fri Apr 19 13:16:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

My name is Javier de Vega. We at the Civio Foundation (Spain /
www.civio.es) are about to investigate, map and monitor relations of
power, lobbying activities and the (frequent) collision of public and
private interests in Spain.

We already now some approaches in different countries -like the great
work behind Poderopedia (Chile) or the classic They Rule (USA)-.
Global Integrity has recently endorsed our proposal for the Testing
123 Innovation Fund, and will invest in it [1]. We called it "Quién
manda" (Hidden Agenda, in English). Besides the research and data
visualization, we will collaboratively gather pictures of meetings,
trade missions, diplomatic receptions, etc, in order to wrap data
collections with a more visual and user-engaging layer for users who
are not addicted to political-financial information.

Adding gamification dynamics and crowdsourcing features will be part
of our challenge. Your feedback on our initial approach would be
hugely appreciated:

http://innovation.globalintegrity.org/hiddenagenda

If someone out there has experience, suggestions or stories to share
we'd love to hear about them. Also about benchmarks or failures on
this area.

Thanks in advance, and best regards form Spain,

Javier
---
Javier de Vega
javier at civio.es