[ddj] SQL Vs Excel Vs Refine

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Mon Apr 29 05:46:18 UTC 2013

I never learned Refine but I did learn SQL. There's a whole lot to
learn in SQL, but for data journalism, just being able to do a single
SELECT query against a single table may be all you ever need. Really,
I'd learn scraping and regular expressions before I went to SQL, given
that Excel can handle millions of rows.