[ddj] [School-of-data] Geocoding tutorials on the School of Data Blog

David F. Flanders david.flanders at ands.org.au
Wed Feb 20 20:47:32 UTC 2013

Just a quick mention that we are having some discussions on the software
carpentry Listserv about adding an additional day on 'data carpentry' which
I'd very much like to see open participation by the two groups :)

As to, what things do you think would be essential for a one day F2F choose
on data skills for researchers? Please keep in mind that these courses are
for researchers (usually early career) and that they are taught as
discipline specific, eg. Data carpentry for computational chemistry or data
carpentry for linguists, etc

I'll of course be looking to share alike everything that we produce to
support school of data.  Which in my mind acts as a great virtual follow up
to the face to face courses, or perhaps preamble to prepare for the
intensive course?

All ideas greatly appreciated.

/Flanders