[ddj] Inquiry on data journalism for O'Reilly Media

Alexander Howard alex at oreilly.com
Thu Jan 3 16:28:44 UTC 2013

Hi all!

As you likely know, O'Reilly published a book on data journalism last year, appropriately entitled "The Data Journalism Handbook."
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920025603.do

As the new year begins, I'm continuing to investigate the state and future of data journalism:
http://radar.oreilly.com/2012/11/investigating-data-journalism.html

Specific questions: How many data journalists are working today? How many will be needed by 2020? What are the primary tools they rely upon now? What will they need in 2013? Who are the leaders or primary drivers in the area? What are the most notable projects? What organizations are embracing data journalism, and why?

When I wrote that Radar was investigating data journalism and asked for your favorite examples of good work, we heard back from around the world.
http://radar.oreilly.com/2012/12/six-ways-data-journalism-is-making-sense-of-the-world-around-the-world.html

I’d like to know what you see working and where, along with what *you’re* working on, and how.

Thank you, and Happy New Year!

Alex
---

Alexander B. Howard | Washington Correspondent | O'Reilly Media | 410.849.9808

RADAR: http://radar.oreilly.com/alexh
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/digiphile
FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/alexhoward
GOOGLE+: http://google.com/+AlexanderHoward