[ddj] Call for Papers 6th International Meeting in Information and Communication Research

Adolfo Antón Bravo adanton at ucm.es
Wed Jul 17 09:57:07 UTC 2013

Hi again, DDJ crew!

I promised you an English version of the Call for Papers for the 6th
International Meeting for Information and Communication Research
dedicated to Journalism and Semantic Web the next 24th, 25th and 26th
September in Madrid (Spain)

You can check the web www.eiiic.org or the hashtag #6eiiic

The meeting is open to any information and communication research but
this year we decided to focus on the relationship between Journalism and
Semantic Web, specially on Data Journalism, so the communications must
be on:

- Data Driven Journalism, Computer Assisted Research,
Precision Journalism.
- Social networks and journalism
- Journalism and multimedia and multimodal web environments: Web, HTML,
Js, frameworks.
- Journalism and Semantic Web: Linked Data, Open Data, Open Government,
Geo Localization, RDF, mapping...
- Data Journalism related technologies for recovering, compile,
scrapping, cleaning, context, combineanalysis, visualization...
- Case studies
- Journalist approaches to Data Journalism.
- New narratives.
- Free licences
- Free software and/or hardware
- Research, fellowship and education
- Genre and Semantic Web
- Big Data, Data Mining
- Stadistical analysis, R
- ¿more?

If you have any suggestions about the meeting, please tell me about it:

twitter/identica: adolflow, infotics
e-mail: adanton at ucm.es
skype: adolflow

Greetings and thanks in advance

--
Adolfo Antón Bravo
Coordinador de Sexto Encuentro Internacional de Investigación en