[ddj] OpenSpending Data Clinic - June 19th

Anders Pedersen anders.pedersen at okfn.org
Mon Jun 17 01:27:41 UTC 2013

All,

At OpenSpending we're running online Data Clinics, to offer help on how to
analyse budget and spending data. A few weeks back we ran our first clinic,
where we gave feedback on how to work with the Canadian as well as
Barcelonas budget.

Our next Data Clinic will be this week on *Wednesday 19 June at 19:00 CET /
18:00 GMT / 13:00 EDT / your time
zone<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenSpending+Data+Clinic&iso=20130619T13&p1=263&ah=1>
* - via Google Hangout and IRC channel #openspending.

To sign up head over to our blog
post<http://openspending.org/blog/2013/06/14/Data-Clinic.html>
.

*Bring your own spending data* - or head over to the Progress
page<http://progress.openspending.org/> to
find a spending data set to work on. Look around - you might find spending
data for your next story there!

We'll give support on:
- How to format spending data the right way for getting started with
analysis?
- How to visualise spending and budget data?
- How to convert spending data locked in PDFs?
- How to get spending data from websites?

Currently we're particular excited about getting to work on Italian
structural fund payments as well as procurement data from across EU
countries, both available via the Progress
page<http://progress.openspending.org/>
.

Hope to see some of you there!

Anders