[ddj] data-driven-journalism Digest, Vol 27, Issue 12

Mehmet Koksal info at mehmet.be
Tue Jun 25 19:21:30 UTC 2013

Dear Umut,

"Citizen drones" have apparently been used recently in Istanbul to have an overview of the crowds and the tactics used by Turkish police around Taksim Square.

See article from Slate's journalist Ryan Gallagher here : http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/06/24/turkish_protests_police_reportedly_shoot_down_demonstrators_drone_video.html

and in French here : http://www.slate.fr/monde/74409/turquie-police-drone-video

which covers the story of "Jenk" videos using some technics of "drone journalism".

Best,

Mehmet Koksal
freelance journalist based in Brussels
info at mehmet.be