[ddj] budget transparency

Rosie Williams budgetaus at hotmail.com
Wed May 1 09:19:41 BST 2013

Hi,
I am launching the first site with the entire federal budget in database form at http://budgetaus.net
The background to budget transparency in Australia is at the blog http://budgetaus.net/wp
The database and code create totals across topics, schemes, programs, agencies and portfolios.
The site also provides comparisons between years in funding at those levels.
I haven't had much luck getting into budget lockup or getting access to the new budget data (handed down on May 14) so I'm hoping to run a hacknight/launch party in Canberra and do it manually with the help of volunteers who will get free access to the database.
Feedback is welcome.
cheers,

Rosie Williams BA (Sociology)BudgetAus | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn