[ddj] Federal budget visualisation

Edmund Tadros edmundtadros at gmail.com
Wed May 15 06:08:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

I thought the list might be interested in a visualisation my paper, the
Australian Financial Review, released overnight for the 2013-14 Australian
federal budget.

It was developed with input from several reporters with (literally) decades
of experience in reporting on budgets and a web design from Small Multiples
in Sydney.

The tool is designed to take key elements such as the budget balance, major
initiatives and revenue and expense measures and present the information in
a clear and intuitive visual format.

http://data.afr.com/?budgetId=2013-14&type=parties&dimensions=wide

Would be interested in international feedback and suggestions.

Thanks,

Ed

Edmund Tadros
Data journalist