[ddj] Tax Avoidance and Evasion Data Expedition

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Sun May 26 09:42:40 UTC 2013

There's still time to put in one or more proposals on the topic to OKCon
(CFP deadline extended to Friday 31st)! It could be a really good fit for
either of the "Open data, government & governance" and "Evidence and
stories" topics.

The topics were set to create a themed event (OKCon 2013 is a more focussed
conference-style event, rather than the full-domain festival we had last
year with OKFestival), highlighting some specific aspects of the state of
open data in 2013. With some strong proposals, I'm sure tax avoidance and
evasion can be included as an important area, which I'd personally be
delighted to see.

Best regards,

Laura

--

Dr Laura James

Co-Director  | skype: laura.james  |  @LaurieJ <https://twitter.com/LaurieJ>

Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on

On 25 May 2013 18:22, Square One Dr Peter Troxler (KvK 24480536) <
peter at square-1.eu> wrote:

> I would wish you'd make that a key topic at OKConf in Geneva … but I doubt
> you'll be able to push that past the corporate agenda of the event…
>
> On 24 May 2013, at 19:07 , Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> The topic of tax avoidance and tax evasion is the topic of the day at the
> Open Knowledge Foundation.
>
> On 6th of June the School of Data will be running a data expedition (a
> group-based guided journey - picking some key questions, then seeing
> whether it is possible to answer them) on the topic of tax evasion to help
> those reporting on the topic to get a grasp of key concepts and schemes.
> This will take place online.
>
> Places are limited as this will be quite hands on - please sign up early
> if you would like to be involved (you must be able to dedicate at least 3-6
> hours on 6th June).
>
> More details and signup here:
>

> http://schoolofdata.org/2013/05/24/data-expedition-tax-avoidance-and-evasion/
>
> *Note: In future, for data expeditions - we will try and kick off data
> expeditions with "expert introductions", with people who are knowledgable
> about a particular topic giving a short 15-30 minute introduction via
> videolink / recording, or even a Q & A. If you know someone we should
> invite to take the stage on tax evasion or tax avoidance, please let us
> know!** *
>
> All the best,
>
> Lucy
>

> --
> **
> *Lucy Chambers*
>
> Project Coordinator  | skype: lucyfediachambers  |  tel: +44 7909 330731
>  |  @lucyfedia <http://twitter.com/lucyfedia>
>

> The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>
> Empowering through Open Knowledge
> http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |