[ddj] Data Journalism Handbook now available in Czech

Margaret Renn Margaret.Renn at wits.ac.za
Tue Oct 8 19:23:27 UTC 2013

        If you are a data journalist in West Africa, you should be making your way to Johannesburg for Power Reporting - the African Investigative Journalism Conference, which runs from 28 - 30 August. For the first time we have a data journalism team made up of South Africans and Africans, with Ron Nixon from the New York Times keeping an eye on things. Until this year we have relied on trainers from Europe and America, but with everyone battling their way to Rio next week, we have had to look to our own resources. And what an amazing collection of innovative journalists we have. Sorry to say, we have no funding to assist. But join us if you can:

www.journalism.co.za/powerreporting

Margaret Renn
Taco Kuiper Visiting Fellow in Investigative Journalism
University of the Witwatersrand
011 717 4143