[ddj] Interactive timeline of PRISM scandal

Miriam Ruhenstroth Miriam.Ruhenstroth at gmx.de
Tue Sep 17 13:03:35 UTC 2013

Cool project! Perhaps you can help me with this:

http://faktoid.net/?p=636

It is quite different to what you did, but perhaps you find it
interesting. Should be possible to do with js and for a coder, its
probably easy.  The objective is, to develop a timeline, that at the
same time allows to explain things, create context and show connections.
To tell a story, in brief.

Everyone is very welcome to help or share ideas about this.

Cheers Miriam

Am 09.09.2013 20:08, schrieb Marko Plahuta:

> Hi,
>
> I made a little toy for news analysis: an interactive timeline of
> events about the Prism scandal, chronicled by selected media in online
> news articles, giving a summarized view of events as they unfolded.
> It's intended as a parody of a NSA software to track people and
> analyze their metadata. It consists of these parts:
>
>   * the chronological order of articles, visualized as a timeline,
>   * a network of people, places and organizations that appear in the
>     articles,
>   * geographic information that the articles refer to, and
>   * a bar graph showing wordcounts of interesting words, associated
>     with the main theme.
>
> Visualization is here: http://virostatiq.com/data/prism/
>
> More about methodology in the blog post:
> http://virostatiq.com/interactive-timeline-of-the-prism-scandal/
>
> Hope you like it!
>
> Best,
>
> Marko