[ddj] confirmation on data-driven journalism

Stefan Kaufmann transit at shutterworks.org
Wed Sep 25 12:32:33 UTC 2013

On 25.09.2013 11:48, Marco Maas wrote:
> i confirm that i read all the mails about confirmations of subscriptions.

While I surely enjoyed the horrified entertainment these recent threads
have given me so far, this might be a good opportunity to point out the
fact that explicit confirmations need not be sent in order to stay on
this list.

Marco, Michael and all the others that had me sniggering: Bear in mind
that irony might be misunderstood in some contexts. And that there
appears still much to do in terms of usability of mailing list admin
interfaces and digital education towards those not having been there
during the hey-days of Usenet and whatever might trigger your nostalgic
feelings.

Anyone objecting will be subject to a quoting style metadiscussion which
is extremely overdue at any rate[1]

regards,
-stk

[1] just kidding. maybe.