[ddj] What are some great recent examples of DDJ?

Rosie Williams budgetaus at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 26 23:44:50 UTC 2013

Hi

I run BudgetAus which is the first implementation of the entire Australian federal budget into an online searchable database.

http://infoaus.net/budget/budget_home.php

I have recently added functionality to download the data sets as Excel files based on search results (though still checking for bugs).

If you scroll down on the page above you will see links to hard coded queries which give results of programs in the budget by size as well as the most significant changes between budget years.

An example of results generated from user's search input is http://infoaus.net/budget/2013-14/program_results.php?program=refugee&submit=Show

Right now I'm in the process of improving the data and writing queries which allow me to directly compare my figures (obtained from the Portfolio Budget Statements) with the figures published by Treasury.

I intend to add functionality to allow users to generate graphs on the fly for their own purposes eg to embed in articles, reports, blogs etc. I hope this will be useful in data journalism.

regards,

Rosie Williams BA (Sociology)Founder & Developer InfoAus.net
BudgetAus Home | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn